Reply To: Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him? Reply To: Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him?

woodenmeow
Participant

@Shirokum –

Thank you for responding. I would love for him to get diagnosed but he is a very stubborn man. Thinks orange juice cures everything. We have been doing this dance for 3 years. I don’t know how to get through to him and right now we are on a month long break. He says he feelins road block and walls when trying to communicate things He doesn’t know why he feels this way and have always been this way. He said he feels insignifcant and insecure when it comes to fully commit to a relationship, it scares me and I don’t know how to deal with it. What can I say to get through to him? I don’t want to be a nag but there is no reason for him to feel this way. I think it’s been going on a long time, hence why he hasn’t had good relationships. He was married and after a while his wife cheated on him. My guess is because he was vacant to her. Not that is a reason to cheat.
I really love this man with all my heart but I don’t know how to get through to him.. I keep saying to him I love you and I will be here to help you, its us til the end.
And he just keeps running…
Any advice you can offer would be great.
Thank you Woodenmeow