Reply To: I work really hard, love my career, but keep getting fired

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships I work really hard, love my career, but keep getting fired Reply To: I work really hard, love my career, but keep getting fired

mgrunewald66
Participant

I can relate to everything said here. I am 50 yrs old and have been fired many times. I think post mentioned working alone. I agree!! It has helped but does have it’s own challenges. Actually working. It is hard for me to keep on task. I also need some time with others. I can isolate very quickly, then a whole new set of problems arise. I love the post that listed communication issues. That is right on for me. I say things that come out wrong or I just should not have said. I don’t even see it until later then it is crystal clear. I at times focus on the fact that I have been fired so many times that I sabotage myself by thinking this will always happen. Right now I am on a new adventure of school and becoming a firefighter and paramedic. I have always wanted to do this. Scared to death!! Not of doing it but fear that I will fail. Living and learning is all I can do. Wish you the best and you are not alone.