Reply To: They called CPS on us! (Long… please bear with me)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline They called CPS on us! (Long… please bear with me) Reply To: They called CPS on us! (Long… please bear with me)

G8T0Rg1rLy
Participant

WRT you statement:”I will add that the caseworker told us that she feels the case is unfounded and that it will be dismissed.”

Unfounded is not good enough…case closed due to no indicators substanting what appears to be false report. Case closed as False report, there is no such thing as CPS cases being dismissed. They are closed…no, some indicators…

Insist on caseworker closing as false report…and not closed with no indicators in their synopsis…that means nothing…in the unfortunate situation of having any future issues, any case closed wrt indicators of abuse will immediately put your family in that “habitual” category…if anything neighbor who trampoline incident occurred at should be alleged to have failed to protect every child present, including her own. It is a felony to make a false report, and they can prosecute anonymous callers…there is no such thing as anonymous and souds like you have grounds for claiming said report was retaliatory or reported in bad faith…look up statues regarding mandatory reporting of abuse…there abouts will be the exact verbage regarding false reports…if you have access to legal counsel or free consultation for legal advice…

Do not expect that conversations or undocumented exchanges mean anything! Get everything in writing…send emails documenting understanding of verbal references regarding you, your husband, and keep your extended family in the loop…do not allow feelings of inadequacy, shame, etc keep you from “the “best interest of the child”…VERY IMPORTANT PHRASE…regarding your son at center of this investigation or any of your children…

😞

If alcohol is issue…address it…bit if this was random, do not allow others into your bedsheets…not enough room and it is no secret that united you stand, divided makes for an easy way to pit you and your spouse apart.
No manual came with my daughter, yet 20 somethings that just graduatdd, probably stl live at home and maybe have a dog..
In all their wisdom put case.plan together based on services the state can get reimbursed for… I never had 2nd child because of the BS that a report appeared to be false as no indicators found morphed into something bigger than I could ever have imagined. Families in need of service are job security for DCF. You should look into seeing a psychologist…if you do not already feel like you need to second guess youdself or always be on alert, it usdally will happen…have support system in place for your own wellness…cause if we are not in the right headspace, how can we be acting in the best interest of the child…