Reply To: They called CPS on us! (Long… please bear with me)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline They called CPS on us! (Long… please bear with me) Reply To: They called CPS on us! (Long… please bear with me)

ADHD Mom
Participant

I think all of the advice about dealing with your son’s ADD and your husband’s drinking is good. I would add that your neighbors are NOT.YOUR.FRIENDS. I don’t think you are out of line cutting them out of your life. As hard as it is to do, I would not socialize with them, or let them back into my good graces. It sounds like some of their kids have problems, too-your kid doesn’t need that! You’ll have to drive your kid to play dates instead of letting him roam the neighborhood, but that’s how it is these days any ways. If they are judging your kids, they are not your friends-they are sad little people who aren’t worth your time, because they will never be able to walk in your shoes. I don’t believe being ostracized by self-centered women wrapped up in their own dramas is a loss. There are some groups I don’t want to belong to! Good luck!