Reply To: Mental Load, Feminism, and ADD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Mental Load, Feminism, and ADD Reply To: Mental Load, Feminism, and ADD

MrNeutron
Participant

I don’t think that mixing the genders together is a good idea, if that’s what I’ve been reading above. It creates a lack of identity in both men and women, and that causes confusion and conflict. The roles of men and women are being blurred these days, when they should be complimenting each other.

I’d like to know from men, if anything sounds true in these excerpts from -King Warrior Magician Lover by Robert Moore & Douglass Gilette

The crisis in masculine the maturity is very much upon us. Lacking adequate models of mature men, and lacking
the societal cohesion and institutional structures for actualizing ritual process, it’s “every man for himself.” And
most of us fall by the way side, with no idea what it was that was the goal of our gender-drive or what went wrong
in our strivings. We just know we are anxious, on the verge of feeling impotent, helpless, frustrated, put down,
unloved and unappreciated, often ashamed of being masculine. … Many of us seek the generative, affirming, and
empowering father (though most of us don’t know it), the father who, for most of us, never existed in our actual
lives and won’t appear, no matter how hard we try to make him appear.

Because there is little or no ritual process … capable of boosting us from Boy psychology to Man psychology, we must
each go on our own (with each other’s help and support) to the deep sources of masculine energy potentials that lie
within us all. We must find a way of connecting with these sources of empowerment.