Reply To: Feeling like I dont fit in

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Feeling like I dont fit in Reply To: Feeling like I dont fit in

Screwball
Participant

Amen to all posters. It really does stink, when you see pictures of a work event with you neither being in the picture or the person behind the lens. Even listening to a conversation between colleagues over an event.

When you do have the chance to interact, you don’t know whether they are being genuine or going to look at you like you’re handicapped. Otherwise they get annoyed at you for trying to get involved in the conversation. Just because you need to fill that need to be accepted…

Tragically, when it does go south. You find yourself in a meeting room with your manager giving you a written warning for offending someone because you said or posted something out of humour that pokes fun at your own character traits. Great! You got yourself into trouble while making yourself look like a tool in front of your colleagues whom you just want to be involved with… I sometimes wonder if the world has an OCD towards uniformity.