Reply To: New here

bechra
Participant

I have 2 children. My son has ADHD, Dyslexia, OCD and depression. My daughter has ADD, Dyxlexia and OCD. I home schooled them from pre-school through 12th grade. I must have done something right because my son scored so high on the military entrance exam, he could have joined the most elite unit of the Oregon Coast Guard and my daughter graduated college with high honors. I say this, not to brag, but to give hope. ADDers are SMART! Each of them have some special talent. My son is very mechanically inclined and good with his hands. He is extremely good at math. My daughter is gifted in languages, music and art. Your child has gifts, too. They are now 37 and 38 years and doing very well.

Instead of putting in hours on homework, why not just do the teaching in the first place, while your child is fresh? You can tailor the curriculum to fit your child’s needs and learning styles. I was a home school consultant for 12 years. I have helped many, many families. Some had learning/behavior problems and some were ‘typical’ children. I am happy to help anyone who wants to home school, especially those who have special circumstances. It is my firm belief that almost any parent can do a better job of teaching their own child/children than the teacher with a classroom of children whom she does not have time to really get to know.

Some of the other reasons I homeschooled were my Christian beliefs, the bad curriculums and the peer pressure.

My email is bechra@hotmail.com. I’m leaving on vacation until the end of July, so may not be able to send long emails, but will acknowledge you and definitely catch up when we come back.