Reply To: ADHD–Lacking benefit from modern ideas/tips

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD ADHD–Lacking benefit from modern ideas/tips Reply To: ADHD–Lacking benefit from modern ideas/tips

donsense
Participant

As years went by my few cups a day became 1.5 to 3 quarts a day. 96 ounces and yes I pee often but it did allow me to focus on those consulting reports i wrote for a living. They paid 250/hr. somewhere in there i quit taking two spoons of sugar and switched to various substitues. Much later i switched to Venlafaxine (Rx)75 mg, decaf, and cut back to 30 ounces a day.. Easy when you retire young.tried Concerta and Amitryptilenne but did not like the affect. Quit after a few months.
I also increased the dopamine by joining 3 choral groups and singing 5 times a week. Serotonin and Norepinephrine increased from the Venlafaxine. Took 3 or 4 months to have the full effect. Extremely assistive on the emotional level. However quiting it is a perilous journey i am told. I am still on it (5 years)

Completing complicated tasks is now diificult ( no caffeine) but on things that are really important I slip caffinated cofee beans into the mix for a few days.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by donsense.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by donsense.