Reply To: What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you? Reply To: What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you?

MrFixit
Participant

Hmm… I’ve never connected this to ADHD…. I have found that I am that way, it isn’t a problem, just the opposite actually, so I never focused on WHY it is. I just figured some folks are like that and some aren’t and am grateful that I am. But…. your comment makes a lot of sense. Thanks for posting it.

But yeah, it was a little strange to me really, the first few times I noticed it.
Others are freaking out but… it’s like…. I’m looking at things in a very analytical, calm, logical way without the usual distracting thoughts and “stuff” in the periphery.
It’s almost as if the situation has shoved all the normal distractions aside and suddenly things have slowed down, become clearer and it’s simply a matter of dealing with the issue.

I’ve even joked before when asked why I wasn’t freaking out too, “well, It’s an emergency… there’s plenty of time to freak out afterward, let’s fix it first.”