Reply To: ADD and denial?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships ADD and denial? Reply To: ADD and denial?

AnneHW
Participant

A-Horchen, I probably didn’t word it very well. Of course, we forget things! I do it all the time, and it’s frustrating. But what you’re talking about is typical ADD/ADHD behavior. Way too often I’ve been searching for my car keys at the last minute, when I need to be somewhere. I’ve even put ice cream in the refrigerator instead of the freezer! However, if I have something important that needs to get done, I do not completely forget about it, most of the time. It can happen, but that usually has more to do with procrastination or something else important happening at the same time.

And I love what Andrew has said. It makes a lot of sense, and I think the questions he raises are very helpful. (Are you a marriage counselor?) I’m sorry about your marriage because I know how destructive ADHD can be, especially when you have no idea as to why life is so difficult for you compared to others. Thanks for commenting; I think you said it better than any of us.