Reply To: I work really hard, love my career, but keep getting fired

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships I work really hard, love my career, but keep getting fired Reply To: I work really hard, love my career, but keep getting fired

Uncle Dharma
Participant

I can identify with all that you have said.
Examples include being moved to another job because I didn’t work hard enough, only to see two people replacing me.
Other people in the office complaining that I didn’t work my full hours, supervisor checked my time sheets and found that I was working an extra day (equivalent) every two weeks.
Taking on a small project that my manager thought could not be done, and finished it, and then being told that my methods to get to the solution were wrong, that it should have only taken one week not two, and that I should have had at least 12 meetings with a certain person (in one week!). So how did my manager know how to work on an impossible project? It was a success and was used immediately. After that, he did not renew my contract because “I can get someone who knows more about this subject” Really?

When I was on unemployment for a while I was assessed for my ability to keep a job. This was a phone call with a psychologist. I rated 4 out of 4, which is the worst rating. A few weeks later, I got work on a big project where the supervisor was asking my advice because I had years more experience.

It does not make any sense to me.