Reply To: What about vitamins and herbal supplements for a 61 yr old guy?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD What about vitamins and herbal supplements for a 61 yr old guy? Reply To: What about vitamins and herbal supplements for a 61 yr old guy?

Hi,
I recently began using Thorne Niacel 250 by Thorne. You can also use Niagen. Different company exact same product. My endocrinologist actually asked me to take it for a totally different reason. It reverses the cell age of your cells supposedly and essentially turns back the clock. Lots of research on it. It isn’t cheap I’ll tell you. Also I would not trust a brand from a bug box store. They are watered down a lot so to speak. Also from Thorne I use 5Htp. This is a precursor to seratonin uptake. My energy levels and focus have improved tremendously. I have taken Adderall roughly 10 years now and am up to a max dose. The ingredients of Niacel is Nicotinamide Riboside. If you want to look that up. Oh and the bottle says 1-2 a day. If you haven’t already built up a tolerance this should be fine. I had to watt up the dose at first. Half like is a little over 31 hours.