Reply To: Goal Setting

AineMistig
Participant

I think I agree with what everyone said. I’m going to share what I did for my weight loss.

1) Decided what I wanted to do: try a new system to lose weight.
2) Made simple goals: high protein breakfast, veggie lunch, 3 hours exercise/week.
3) Made accountability by posting it all through facebook.
4) Prayed!

Facebook helped in that I posted my initial weight, posted when I exercised. I could have posted the whole breakfast/lunch thing, but the biggest hurdle was sticking with the exercise. Every time I posted about the exercise, all those “likes” gave me immediate positive feedback/reward I needed while I worked towards the long-term goal of losing weight.

Now, I did that for several months. I didn’t do it for years. But it helped me to establish healthier habits, and gave me the belief that I CAN do this should I try again.

That was the first time my weight-loss efforts worked. I had/have some conditions that made it difficult for me to lose weight. I credit that something finally WORKED to prayer.

That was 3.5 years and a few pregnancies ago. Praise be to God, I lost 25 pounds and kept it off. I’ve since lost another 15 pounds, but it hasn’t been as long for me to declare “I’ve kept it off!” the way I confidently can with the 25. It sounds like your goals are also health/weight related: May Jesus bless you in your journey to health as well. <3