Reply To: Can my son’s principal do this?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Can my son’s principal do this? Reply To: Can my son’s principal do this?

Bonita
Participant

Do some research. There is no proof that fidget spinners help with ADHD anywhere! It is used to get people to buy them. If they work for your ADHD child, that’s great for you. But, if you think they belong in the classroom, you are obviously not a teacher. They have caused more problems than pokemon cards in schools everywhere. Take it from a teacher that knows. Our school rule is: No toys from home at school. Period! I’ve confiscated too many and sent them home with a note to the parents. Why do parents want to make school more difficult than it already is by giving in to their indulged children and then blaming the teachers/administrators for their childrens’ inappropriate behavior? Instead, raise your expectations. Learn to say no and follow the rules to set an example. Your children are smarter, stronger, and more controlled than you know. Stop underestimating them.