Reply To: New to dating a guy with ADHD – Need advice

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones New to dating a guy with ADHD – Need advice Reply To: New to dating a guy with ADHD – Need advice

lindyloo7
Participant

You have only been together 4 months. I suggest you strongly get marriage counseling if you do decide to marry. I have been married for over 30 years. I have wanted to leave this marriage many times. Its a daily frustration especially when our communication is in the toilet. ADHD is not just that to consider. There are learning disanilities attacjed as well as some mental illness issues there. What if they decide to stop taking medication! You can’t make them take it. Our first 3 years were pretty good. Its been a steady downhill ever after. We have nothing in common not even movies! He sits all day in and day out in his own world watching television. You cant ask anything of him because your not telling him what to do. You cant ask him to help out but all you get is I forgot. So buy planners and they wont use them. We bought a home and promised to help out ie cutting grass and repairing etc. Only to get those promises broken. I should of known better. He would never cut grass until the landlord sent letters telling him too. If I say anything, I am nagging. Then there are children that come! They have the same issues. The insanity goes on and on. Who has everything to do. YOU! Hope your ready!! I wish I had marriage counseling. All I can say is if you want it all to do and no cooperation, go for it! Otherwise RUN!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by lindyloo7.