Reply To: Up and down. All over the place.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents The Emotions of ADHD Up and down. All over the place. Reply To: Up and down. All over the place.

emily092806
Participant

My daughter has the same problems. She is 5 and has ADHD and ODD. She has been kicked out of four daycares, the last one a month ago when she slapped the director in the face when they were trying to calm her down after an explosion from not wanting to practice pre k graduation. She only really has her explosions at certain places and at certain people. She takes adderall but honestly I don’t feel like anything is going to stop the emotional explosions. I recently started her in counseling to maybe try and help her learn techniques to control her anger and learn that sometimes the answer is going to be no and she has to be okay with that. It seems to be helping a little, and at this point the last thing I want to do is have to give her more meds. With kindergarten coming up I hope that the counselor will have had enough time with her to help her. It’s a struggle and not all of us can quit our jobs and stay at home or afford all the best treatment so we all do what we can to help our children be the their best. I hope that everything works out, and a little prayer does help too:)