Reply To: how do I talk to my undiagnosed husband about his self medicating?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD how do I talk to my undiagnosed husband about his self medicating? Reply To: how do I talk to my undiagnosed husband about his self medicating?

lornagillians
Participant

Magicleap, Thank you so much for your response here about my daughter. Yes, you may very well be right about this. BUT, since she will not talk to me now, how can I get this across to her? I went down over Easter to take a card and money for the children, but she shut the door in my face, saying “We do not want to see you”. She is not the sweet, loving girl she was – she has changed into a monster. And I feel totally powerless to be able to reach out to her. I have constantly said that my door is always open and there will always be room under my roof for her and the children. My youngest daughter does not want to be involved, and in any case, does not have a very good relationship with her sister. She does not understand her, either. They live 5 hours’ drive apart and do not see each other much. My ex-husband (the one with Aspergers) does not think there is a problem – or at least that the problem is ME, and will not intervene. I guess I just have to leave it to he Universe to sort it out eventually. But it hurts like hell, and causes me to have depression. I seem to be surrounded by people with a mental health problem of one sort or another, and makes me think maybe it is ME who is crazy!!! Lorna