Reply To: how do I talk to my undiagnosed husband about his self medicating?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD how do I talk to my undiagnosed husband about his self medicating? Reply To: how do I talk to my undiagnosed husband about his self medicating?

magicleap
Participant

Your daughter who did not feel well after children – she should check her thyroid. There are many women who are misdiagnosed with depression or bipolar when they actually have a thyroid disease. Even IF they’ve checked and said her levels are normal! She may not be optimal. They may have only checked TSH and not free t4 and free T3 or have run antibodies tests. I had this happen. After the birth of my daughter I had the worst anxiety – I was irritable and angry and knew this was not like me. Sure enough I insisted on an antibodies test and discovered I had hashimotos. With treatment the symptoms go away – anxiety anger etc.btw it’s not uncommon to also find those with ADHD or autism spectrum to have the MTHFR gene mutation. This is a problem with your body’s ability to methylated – specifically difficulty absorbing key nutrients like B vitamins which are necessary for proper functioning.There are connections to changing diets and using active B vitamins and finding a change in autism symptoms.. google about it, you may find it quite interesting.