Reply To: how do I talk to my undiagnosed husband about his self medicating?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD how do I talk to my undiagnosed husband about his self medicating? Reply To: how do I talk to my undiagnosed husband about his self medicating?

lornagillians
Participant

Suzy, I’ve just re-read your comments. Rejoice in the fact that you are different!! We are ALL different, you know. Not one of us is anything like another – and that is what is so beautiful. We are all unique and wonderful in our own way. I, too, am very sensitive. I believe I can “see” into people’s souls. You are the first person who has said that, and I can relate to it. Thank you. I have often thought I was imagining it. But, as you say, I can walk into a room and sense the atmosphere. I can tell from someone’s body language how they are feeling – or from their eyes. I almost KNOW what they are thinking – unless they are a very guarded person and keep a wall up. I have great empathy with animals, too. But isn’t that a wonderful, very special gift to have? Can you not make use of it in some way. Do some counselling, maybe. You have certainly reached out to others on this forum, and I am sure your advice will be of huge benefit. Many, many thanks, once again. Best wishes. Lorna