Reply To: Desperately struggling with chronic lateness

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Desperately struggling with chronic lateness Reply To: Desperately struggling with chronic lateness

Toadhead
Participant

Trust me, I feel your pain! Since finally REALLY starting to research after late diagnosis, I have learned so much about myself. I see how so many issues have been life-long, and lateness being #1. No matter how hard I try, what I do, it’s there. I’ll be so excited when I’m looking at being ontime, maybe a little early (gasp!), something happens and I blow it.

Getting up has ALWAYS been tough for me. One thing I do is set my alarm about 2 hours before I need to get up, and take my Vyvanse and 1 of my 2 Welbutrin that I save sitting on the nightstand. I have found it extremely helpful in waking up. In fact, I often wake up right before the alarm and am much more alert.

Hope that might also help. Wish I could on the lateness! I try that central area for keys, etc., but notorious for picking them up, thinking of that “one more thing” then lying them (or phone, whatever) down and then not finding. “But I JUST had them!” I’ve decided there are Gremlins in the house that move things! Lol! Hey, gotta laugh or go crazy (er)!