Reply To: I need medication advice

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD I need medication advice Reply To: I need medication advice

Penny Williams

Can you not renew the Shire Cares card? I would contact their patient assistance program and see what they can do ( Obviously, getting back on Vyvanse would be ideal. If they cannot renew the assistance, I would work with your doctor on long-acting generics until you find one that gives you better coverage. There are many options out there, and a few that have a smoother wearing off period, like the Vyvanse does.

You can certainly try supplements to help with ADHD symptoms as well. I’d work with your doctor on that, as supplements aren’t regulated and can have interactions with medications.

6 Essential (and Often-Overlooked) Supplements for ADHD

Free Guide to the Best Vitamins and Supplements for Managing ADHD Symptoms

ADDconnect Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism