Reply To: When I can’t stand anyone at work, am I the problem?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships When I can’t stand anyone at work, am I the problem? Reply To: When I can’t stand anyone at work, am I the problem?

trishalfaro
Participant

YES! So much of what everyone has said makes so much sense to me! 1. Yes – I’m over-sensitive to rejection/critisim… BUT I have also noticed a very pervasive shift in what I would have considered on “the old days” as “common sense” and “common courtesy”. It’s like no one has basic manners anymore! Also, there tends to be far more focus on what people are doing wrong and hardly anyone points out or compliments people anymore on the positive or good things anymore. I also seem to have problems because when I’m given a set of rules, I follow them, and while I certainly understand that sometimes there are exceptions, they should be EXCEPTIONAL exceptions, and not feel more like arbitrary ones or up to personal discretion of supervisors. Trying to maintain a feeling of fairness (as we ADHDer’s are fond of!) is met with disapproval or outright hostility. I’ve learned that, at least for me, I work best on my own with little supervision and lots of autonomy!