Reply To: Still have depression; ADHD somewhat controlled

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Still have depression; ADHD somewhat controlled Reply To: Still have depression; ADHD somewhat controlled

Kevin Ju
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user Mara in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

I strongly recommend that you read a book called The Depression Cure by Dr. Stephen Ilardi (that’s ILARDI). My therapist recommended it to me, and it has answered more of my questions and offered more effective solutions for the treatment and alleviation of depression than I thought possible. The book proposes what the author calls Therapeutic Lifestyle Change, or TLC, and it is a drug-free approach (not that Dr. Ilardi disrespects antidepressant meds, though he shares some surprising facts about them.) I am very much like you, suffered from PTSD and almost lifelong depression. I couldn’t relax or enjoy anything anymore, and everything was hard. My thoughts were all negative and I was miserable. I still have some rough days, but this book has done more for me than I can say. Read it and see what you think. I really believe it can help you. All the best,

Mara