Reply To: Food recommendations for kids who won’t eat on meds

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Food, Nutrition & Health Food recommendations for kids who won’t eat on meds Reply To: Food recommendations for kids who won’t eat on meds

Kevin Ju
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user Jennb88 in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

Hello,

I was recommended to try the Shamrock Farms Rockin Refuel milks that have about 20g of protein and easy to drink. I have a hard time with texture and finding things to eat between my busy work and school schedule and found that if I leave one of these in the fridge at work that I’m likely to at least have something when I can’t get to more ‘real food’.

Does your child like burritos or things of that nature? You can always try things in a crockpot that shred up for easy eating and packing. I find that I’m more likely to eat when I have left-overs for work than if I have nothing and have to make a last minute decision for lunch at work from scratch.

Of course the work reference don’t 100% apply but I figured I’d try to offer something.

Also in regards to the comment above mine – I appreciate the information. I am an adult with ADD/ADHD and still struggle constantly to get food in my system. I will have to ask about that medication as well as doing more research on the articles you provided.

Thank you.