Reply To: Peer-to-peer coaching

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Peer-to-peer coaching Reply To: Peer-to-peer coaching

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user meandourboys in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

I am interested in this very much. I have been starving to find someone local that I connected with to do this sort of thing. Someone to work WITH on projects or HANG OUT while we do the tough stuff. Because with someone to keep me occupied from walking in a circle, I can pretty consistently finish a task or project in a timely, non-anxiety inducing state. But left to do things alone or even plan out what to do, I can very quickly turn into a mess. And my husband (also dx ADHD, as well as our 6yo son) has not really been open to us doing stuff together like this because I feel like he has lost faith in my ability to do things, ever…. And that makes me sad or frustrated, and the I overcompensate, wear myself out, and vicious cycle. (Like now, when I should be studying for HUGE work certification exam that is Tuesday.)

And “What?”—holy crap I could open a craft store from my back den (and another from my upstairs bonus room, maybe even a popup shop from the back of my Sequoia, BAHA!)