Reply To: School Evaluation Starting Right After Medication Improvements

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning 504 Plans, IEPs & Accommodations School Evaluation Starting Right After Medication Improvements Reply To: School Evaluation Starting Right After Medication Improvements

Devon Frye
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user spazzyjanet in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

Thanks. Honestly, it’s reading so many stories of so many issues and diagnosis not being caught in the first evaluation that worries me.

I don’t want to wait until 3rd grade or later to find out that there IS another underlying issue that we didn’t discover the first time around. In his post-med tests he did score uncharacteristically low in spelling and in a WJ achievement sub-test that deals with memory for names. His handwriting also seems poor to me.

I sent the school psychologist an article on stealth dsylexia and he assured me that he was aware of the term and that he didn’t think it applied.

So this is my “take a deep breath” moment. With all of these evaluations it’s time to trust that someone with enough schooling to earn an “ologist” after his name is making the right call.