Reply To: Consequences for Unsafe School Behavior

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Consequences for Unsafe School Behavior Reply To: Consequences for Unsafe School Behavior

Devon Frye
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user spazzyjanet in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

I was asking a similar thing a while back after my child’s school decided after one incident that the solution was to have us come pick him up from school and after another incident invoke an “emergency removal” clause to tell us that he couldn’t come back the next day.

I ended up having to negotiate some sort of “in-school” option into his BIP just as a defense against them doing this same thing repeatedly since the law allows them up to 10 days to do this without any type of due process.

Although the plan was signed, we have not seen it in practice since virtually all classroom behavior issues stopped when we started medication with my son. I am glad, however, to have “insurance” for the future should the situation change or the medication need to be adjusted.