Reply To: Why do I feel so angry all the time?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Why do I feel so angry all the time? Reply To: Why do I feel so angry all the time?

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user MrNeutron in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

For myself, I think it started with the resentment I felt towards my Father, who didn’t pay attention to who I was on the inside. My thoughts and emotions were not recognized or nurtured which is a hurt that eventually turned into an inward anger. A lot of the time, repressed feelings such as anger, get stuck inside us as we look for relationships that we hope will heel that pain. So we end up looking for someone or some situation that will give us what we didn’t get when we were young. The best that you can do is to recognize that there is anger in you without blaming anyone, and keep very close attention when you start to feel it. It will pass but you need to watch it before it starts to heat up inside you and throw you into a long lasting rage. It’s not an easy thing to do especially when the emotion is strong and you’ve been stuck with it for a long time.