Reply To: Desperately struggling with chronic lateness

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Desperately struggling with chronic lateness Reply To: Desperately struggling with chronic lateness

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user ADHDquirk in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

Not sure if it is any help, but I use loads of alarms and give myself extra time.

So, 1 alarm goes of 2hrs before I have to wake up (which I turn off). Then 2 alarm goes off 45mins before I have to wake up (and I turn TV/radio on in bedroom). Then 3 alarm goes off 20 mins before I have to get out of bed (so I can snooze it once). Unfortunately, this could be a problem if you sleep wtih another person…

I think have an alarm set for 10 mins before I need to leave the house (at which point I’m hopefully getting dressed).

If I’m getting a carshare to work I have to be downstairs 5 mins before we leave.

If I’m getting the bus I need to leave 20 mins before it leaves (10 min walk + 10 min incase I forget my phone/wallet/xxx and have to go up stairs 3 times before actually getting out the door)