Reply To: Distractions are now minimal, but I’m still struggling with interruptions

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Distractions are now minimal, but I’m still struggling with interruptions Reply To: Distractions are now minimal, but I’m still struggling with interruptions

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user Sandman2 in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

One other thing to explore with your doctor is the possibility that you need to modify your medication and or dose.

Doctors tend to start out patients on a low dose and slowly work upwards based on patient feedback. The problem can arise when the doctor does not tell the patient exactly what to expect, or is too busy to listen, or the communication just is not good.

According to Dr. Charles Parker in his “New ADHD Medication Rules”, a good guide to how well your medication is working for you (all things being equal) is length of duration. Adderall IR should work for 5 to 6 hours. Adderall XR should last 8 to 10 hours. And something like Vyvanse should last 10 to 12 hours.

It does sound like you might be undermedicated. Its pretty easy to find out – with your doctors permission, of course. Hope this helps.