Reply To: Distractions are now minimal, but I’m still struggling with interruptions

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Distractions are now minimal, but I’m still struggling with interruptions Reply To: Distractions are now minimal, but I’m still struggling with interruptions

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user MessyMind in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

Thank you all for your responses.

I’m in a little bit of a unique situation in that 1) I’m self-employed (great that I get to make the rules, just need to figure out what rules work best for me); 2) most calls or emails require a large chunk of time; and 3) my work is creative in nature so stopping to think about a different project(s) breaks my spell. It’s the getting back into the zone once that happens that I’m having trouble with.

I think the 3x/day checking of voicemail & texts could work, and emails only at the end of the day. I could let clients known that they can notify me via text if an email requires immediate attention. Texts seem less of an interference than emails… maybe because they’re smaller??