Reply To: Distractions are now minimal, but I’m still struggling with interruptions

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Distractions are now minimal, but I’m still struggling with interruptions Reply To: Distractions are now minimal, but I’m still struggling with interruptions

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user ARC in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

While in Human Resources (regularly inundated with calls, emails etc…) I found that setting times to get back to people was the best way to manage their needs and my own. An example would be 8am-9am emails and call backs, 1- 1:30pm email and callbacks, 4-4:30 emails and callbacks. I would leave 4:30-5pm for my last minute details. The tough part was that I could not let myself go over my allotted follow up times I set, so sometimes I would have to email that I was still working on follow up and would respond with an answer before close of business day. People preferred immediate responses, but as they saw I responded consistently had no additional issues with my follow up. Allotting a window of time to myself once a week so that I could catch on, brain storm etc.. also helped me tremendously. Good luck