Reply To: Unemployed and Afraid to Find New Work

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Unemployed and Afraid to Find New Work Reply To: Unemployed and Afraid to Find New Work

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user fitnessghurl in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

Speechie1962 – I feel your pain and it definitely helps knowing I am not the only one. I am sorry you are struggling as well.

adhdmomma thank you for the links. I had actually read those articles about a month ago.

Lake life – your post made me tear up. I have been quite emotional the last few days. Yes as adhdmomma says I definitely need to line up my strengths with work which will then make me successful. And I’m glad to hear you say that it takes us longer to figure things out…

I made an appointment to see a career coach (referred by the therapist I was seeing). I put it off for quite some time because I felt like I should try to figure it out on my own since I always seem to look at externals for answers (books, other people, etc etc). Thank you for your thoughts and in puts. You all made this seemingly unbearable load a little easier to carry.