Reply To: Unemployed and Afraid to Find New Work

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Unemployed and Afraid to Find New Work Reply To: Unemployed and Afraid to Find New Work

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user LakeLife in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

Hang tough, Pal… You just have not found your job yet… ADHDMomma speaks the truth: “…important to match your strengths to job requirements.” I will add this to her missive: The job also has to be something you truly love doing.

I spent 25 years as a Utility Manager, City Manager, Budget Analyst…Among a whole lot of other things when in between jobs. Saying I was miserable is an understatement…Like you, I’ve been through a whole lot of jobs…

I’m a teacher earning a 1/3 of what I used to. I had to move, literally, halfway around the world to do it…Life now is more than just OK…Am I still an ADHD beast…you betchya.. But I’m a happy ADHD beast who has some modicum of respect where I work. It’s a good feeling and one that lies in front of you. This is not an unusual story here…We just take a little more time to find our professional stride.

Successful people are those who decided to get up just one more time after being knocked down

You gotta do it, pal…Stand up just one more time…

Best to you…