Reply To: Unemployed and Afraid to Find New Work

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Unemployed and Afraid to Find New Work Reply To: Unemployed and Afraid to Find New Work

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user fitnessghurl in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

I’m not in sales so the 64% success rate doesn’t apply to me. I don’t get any benefit from being fired…it sucks and makes me more and more depressed every time making me think I am more of a loser and failure than the last time.

I had to limit question because it only allowed so many characters. I have gotten fired for missing details, forgetting things/deadlines/etc, probably overall generally not being interested or caring. I have always worked in offices…I have found that this probably doesn’t suit me best.

If i read or hear “find your passion” one more time, I’ll probably scream. My real passion is fitness however making a decent living off that in Canada is near impossible. I have spoken to several fitness professionals and I get the same answer….you will not make a good living off this. So next is, I enjoy people around people and thrive being around them and interacting with them.

Really, I just want to get on with it….but as I said before, I don’t think I can take one more firing.