Reply To: I feel cursed. Does anyone else?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame I feel cursed. Does anyone else? Reply To: I feel cursed. Does anyone else?

Kevin Ju
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user Jacjacs in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

I want to say, the words that I never thought I would hear. I know what you are feeling and your confusion/anger. I am 57 and was diagnosed 4 months ago. I have seen countless numbers of counsellors, doctors, psychologists, and psychiatrists, and the one who suggested that I might have ADHD was my best friend. Now I can see the choices I made, the jobs I lost, the trauma I went through and have gone oh F. But my friends and family love me and they have all said that it is the quirkiness about me that they love the most. Yes I suppose it can be sobering, and I can definitely see the negative impacts on my life, however I will continue to live laughing at my lateness, my sudden impulsive behaviour, my creative and nonsensical thoughts, and know that there are people out there who will love me with or without this diagnosis. Find those people in your life. Oh and laugh out loud