Reply To: Fish oil capsules: Best brand? Alternative to medicine?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child Fish oil capsules: Best brand? Alternative to medicine? Reply To: Fish oil capsules: Best brand? Alternative to medicine?

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user RangerRon in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

Hi,

My wife is a naturopathic doctor. She’s had us on Nordic Naturals and more recently a brand by the name of Pharmax called “FINEST PURE FISH OIL”. My wife has researched A LOT of companies. While Nordic is probably the best quality, even with her wholesale price the Pharmax is more sustainable for the doses that we all take and give the kids in a month. I have pretty severe adhd and my 5yo son is the spitting image of me. While I don’t think the fish oil has helped calm him and provide more focus, I do believe that it has helped him with his learning and memory. Both him and his 3yo sister are the most verbose and polite children in their classes. We are constantly being complimented on our kids behavior, manors, and the way they talk at a higher level than most toddlers.

Every night they get fish oil and probiotics. They take the fish oil straight, not in capsules. They actually come running to the kitchen when I yell for them to come get their “meds”. I swear it’s like an old Ovaltine commercial the way they get excited.