Reply To: Distracted, unfocused, 36 and recently diagnosed

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Distracted, unfocused, 36 and recently diagnosed Reply To: Distracted, unfocused, 36 and recently diagnosed

Kevin Ju
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user Lean~In in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

There are times…. when all is lost. The book on my nightstand has an ongoing list of accomplishments completed over the many years I’ve been on this earth. NO ONE can take those from me. I need to read them as NO ONE will remind me of them. Sometimes I need to write at the end of the day. I made it through.

Per your note, I too jump with loud noises. Recently I read a book, QUIET by Susan Cain. She mentions the thinkers, brilliant folks with lots inside. There is a vast difference between labeled ‘shy’, which is not the same as being introverted. Those of us who can reside in the ‘quiet, lazy days’ with comfort seem to make others uncomfortable. Often, they don’t get it yet, does it matter?

Finding our own path is what is important. Many times I need to write down just WHERE I WAS going or what I am shopping for but that is what makes me unique. (Duh, adhd) I love to read as well. Audio books allow me to focus while my hands wash dishes ect and my mind can be transported.

Wishing you comfort and health.