Reply To: My husband doesn’t understand my ADHD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls My husband doesn’t understand my ADHD Reply To: My husband doesn’t understand my ADHD

Allison Russo
Keymaster

This reply was originally posted by user mosky1941 in ADDitude’s now-retired community.

Thank you for the kind words. I’m trying hard to, at least, appear happy until it happens.

It’s a challenge to get out on my own as he doesn’t want me to go out by myself. Always wants to be with me. It seems his 1st wife did some things he didn’t like and I am experiencing the “controlling Man” that came out of that marriage. At any rate, I have managed to get away for a few hours about every 2 weeks. He won’t spend money on foolishness like entertainment and going out, so all we do together is sit and watch tv. When I try to talk to him, he can’t hear me as he won’t use his
$4,000 hearing aids. Also won’t go in to have them adjusted. I finally told him, I was through shouting at him and repeating. If he can’t hear me it’s his problem as he could easily do something about it.

Don’t feel you have to respond. I don’t want to be a bother. It’s just so nice to have a place to go where others understand. Some situations you just have to figure a way to live with. Best Regards, Marianne