Reply To: Generic Adderall Aurobindo side effects, how to get a new prescription ASAP?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Generic Adderall Aurobindo side effects, how to get a new prescription ASAP? Reply To: Generic Adderall Aurobindo side effects, how to get a new prescription ASAP?

Hiya
Participant

I live in Arizona near Phoenix, and it seems very hard to find a pharmacy that carries Teva in my area. I get serious side effects from some of the generics such as suicidal thoughts, which I informed my doctor, who, to be honest, seems completely indifferent. His not my psychiatrist since I don’t have one here, he’s a family physician, but still, he’s the one, who writes the prescriptions. He says that it doesn’t matter what he writes to the pharmacy as they will just give me what they have. I asked him for 10 mg instead of 20 mg since I find it hard to split some of the pills, I’ve received without completely pulverizing them, and he said, no I can’t change the dose because your insurance won’t allow it. I called insurance, and they said, I could change the dose to 10 mg and get the double amount of pills if my doctor wrote an authorization for the to approve. It seems he just doesn’t want to much work, he gets annoyed if I ask him for help to find a pharmacy that carries a manufacturer making a generic I can handle, also if I change pharmacy. I am not a native to the US, and it has taken some time for me to figure out how the system works here. Over a period of 18 months I’ve managed to receive Adderall generic from five different manufactures, Aurobindo, Mallincroth, they are white and I have problems with them, but the others are horrible. What can I do in order to be sure to get the generic I can handle and to make sure the pharmacy I go to has them?