Reply To: Male v. Female ADHD, the exact wrong combo?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Male v. Female ADHD, the exact wrong combo? Reply To: Male v. Female ADHD, the exact wrong combo?

Kerplunk
Participant

My partner and I both have ADHD. I’m male and my partner, like yours, isn’t keen to analyse things. But what I have noticed is she often critises me for things she is even more guilty for, it’s like a defence mechanism. She tends to talk more and lose focus, but we’re both guilty of that. But she gets annoyed with me for having poor time keeping. She also has worse anxiety than me and is very OCD. So the only way it works if for me to take a very relaxed view on her foibles and remind myself that I have plenty of ADHD symptoms too. But also we talk a lot and try and understand each others symptoms, so although she won’t discuss ADHD (because the medication doesn’t agree with her) she is prepared to accept me being late isn’t disrespectful. We’ve only been together 2 years and I have to say it’s the best of times and also quit trying at times. How long have you been together and at what point did it start to become difficult ?