Reply To: SYRACUSE NY?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums Local Connections SYRACUSE NY? Reply To: SYRACUSE NY?

sanctuary 92
Participant

I am from the area too. And I feel like I am losing my mind trying to find a doctor who actually understands ADHD. Is there anyone in the SYR or Finger Lakes area that knows of a good doctor who isn’t ignorant about this condition?

I just talked to a doctor at Upstate adult psychiatry clinic and she said she wouldn’t prescribe me my Adderall and clonazepam (clonazepam is taken only in emergency, a couple times a month), and she never prescribes both of those things together. Which is a red flag to me because it illustrates she is ignorant of the realities of ADHD and anxiety. I also went to a private doctor which cost over $400 for one visit and the woman was completely ignorant of ADHD. My current doctor pushes drugs on me that don’t do anything for my ADHD and makes me feel ashamed for taking Adderall. I feel like I am losing my mind, I have looked high and low and I feel so desperate just to hear someone tell me that they understand instead of looking at me like I am nuts or a drug addict.