Reply To: My doctor is no longer seeing patients and I’m out of meds. Help!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD My doctor is no longer seeing patients and I’m out of meds. Help! Reply To: My doctor is no longer seeing patients and I’m out of meds. Help!

behappybright501
Participant

Hey there,
ADD meds are so tricky these days and every doctor operates differently. However, if you have been on a dosage plan higher than 40mg a day, I want to think that most doctors would at least start out at your normal dosage and work downwards rather than totally disregarding it. Is your doctor retiring? Does he have a nurse that still returns phone calls? If so, you need to call the RN and ask for guidance. I’ve had a long-term doctor retire but she told me exactly what to do about this beforehand. The only other advice I have is trying to get in with a new doctor that is in the same clinic. If this is not possible, you need to ask your prior doctor or his or her nurse exactly what to do. Most doctors will offer or give you a plan to move forward with no changes in your life if they are retiring or leaving practice. Best of luck to you.