Reply To: I too am bored and feel the futility of effort

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame I too am bored and feel the futility of effort Reply To: I too am bored and feel the futility of effort

Weeter
Participant

You’ve expressed the same thoughts, feelings, problems and situations that I have experienced so much more susinctly than I ever have. Besides that, I could have wrote your post word for word. I’m not trying to one up you, but I have to say this to someone that has a chance at understanding and/or sympathizing, I also have OCD-Perfectionism and have been with a man-child for 13 years who has a wicked case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. About 2 years ago he stole and deposited into a secret bank account the last of my $250,000 inheritance, all the while living off me and living in the house that my dad, who passed away in 2005, built. I’m sorry, this has turned into a rant about the man-child, I don’t know if he or my mental illnesses have caused the most damage to my life and psyche.
If you’ve read this far, thank you. Recently when I came to the man-child and said that I am at my wits end and feel on the verge of wanting to die, he did not even acknowledge my prescence in the room let alone my cry for help. He just continued playing on his phone, as if I wasn’t even there.
Ok, I’ll stop! Thank you for “listening” and I empathize with you to no end, unfortunately.