Reply To: Which career would fit me best?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Which career would fit me best? Reply To: Which career would fit me best?

Anna Martin
Participant

Anything in which you’re genuinely interested. I find that a combination of medication, meditation, and yoga helps. For me, I began to function at age 21 and got a job as a sales consultant for a brand with an ethos that revolves around my whole lifestyle and perspective. Hence, I’m able to talk and talk about products, and I’m not required to listen for long periods. If you’re not interested in something, you’re not going to do it if you have ADHD, especially not as a job. I just got fired a lot; if you’re interested, then you will probably be able to do it because you’ll probably be fascinated with that thing (if you’ve found something you want to stick with, it took me years of flitting from one thing to another before I found what I liked).
I think having ADHD can lead to being an incredibly authentic person. You can make wonderful and unique art that you create without social/ educational conditioning constraints.