Reply To: Have/had COVID and Adderall not working?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Have/had COVID and Adderall not working? Reply To: Have/had COVID and Adderall not working?

runningasfastasican
Participant

YESSS! I had COVID right before everyone knew COVID was here in Los Angeles (late Dec./early Jan.). In the Spring, I began noticing a difference with my ADHD and the meds not working the same. But, then we went on lockdown and I was teaching from home and then summer came and went, so I didn’t notice it as much because I didn’t have anything I had to do. As soon as I went back to work, I definitely noticed a difference and then they switched the manufacturer. It got worse after that to the point that I didn’t feel like I was taking anything. I was also put on an inhaler from my primary dr. for having shortness of breath (yes, 9 months later after COVID!). I spoke to my psych and he upped my meds from 20 to 25 mg and now I’m back to normal, if not better. The shortness of breath is going away too, as it happens more and more infrequently. I took a lot of ginger/turmeric supplements, zinc twice a week, vitamin D twice a week and a lot of vitamin C. Not that that’s what did it, but who knows. I also did the Whole30 to rid my body of any inflammation and I just finished the 30 days and I feel AMAZING! Lost 9 pounds, my skin is glowing and I just feel super healthy.