Reply To: New diagnosis, trouble with Ritalin dosing around my schedule

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD New diagnosis, trouble with Ritalin dosing around my schedule Reply To: New diagnosis, trouble with Ritalin dosing around my schedule

Hi Chris, I have three suggestions for you. Having experienced the ‘bottoming out’ when the half-day Ritalin (5 mg) stopped (and not feeling compelled to take the second) here is my strategy: 1) I now take the full day (10 mg) which DOES work wonders for me – after lunch I get right back in the saddle; 2) I am almost 2 months into taking Rhodiola Root Powder (a natural, unprocessed powder I drink in tea or coffee before breakfast; 3) I exercise heavily (yoga, band stretches, training for two upcoming triathlons). In my personal experience, research and experimentation, success is achieved with a more holistic approach. My biggest nemesis is my attitude — getting angry or disappointed myself for underperforming. The solution? Giving myself grace for my quirkiness (and occasional failures) and being grateful for the GOOD days. Best of success.