Reply To: Generic Adderall Aurobindo side effects, how to get a new prescription ASAP?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Generic Adderall Aurobindo side effects, how to get a new prescription ASAP? Reply To: Generic Adderall Aurobindo side effects, how to get a new prescription ASAP?

Stormgodess
Participant

Thank you all so much for this post and the information here on this site. Ive been taking Adderall for over 20 yrs. And have been very responsible in taking this medication. I take month long holidays from it at least three times a year as to not build up a tolerance. Though I have severe ADHD and those holidays are difficult, I simply try not to schedule any extra work or appointments during that time. As far as my home environment, I can manage to work off the organization I have established while on the medication for a few weeks, until it slowly becomes a disorganized mess again lol then I repeat the cycle.

The hardest thing I have faced over all these years is the inconsistency of these generic Manufacturers! You can only imagine if Im facing the clutter and disorder after a month off of the meds, then end up with meds that DO NOT WORK, or even make the anxiety of that clutter and disorganization even more heightened.

Also throw into the mix that I suffer from several Autoimmune issues that at times will flare and render even good Adderall useless, but can also induce symptoms similar to bad generics.

For years I felt like I was on a roller coaster. Im a grown woman, with years of experience with this. I can only imagine how difficult this can be on a child! It makes me wonder how many children could have benefitted from good Adderall, but were moved on to further more dangerous meds because they initially received bad Adderall from one of these crooked manufacturers. It breaks my heart to think about. Imagine some of the side effects we have experienced, but happening in a child that cant accurately express the what is going on.

Thanks to this site I now know what manufacturers to look for, and what to avoid. Thank you all so much. We really should push for accountability by these Manufacturers, in some way? And this is with a drug we are acutely familiar with. It makes you wonder about all the other types of generic drugs out there, that are simply not working for life threatening conditions, that patient cant immediately notice.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Stormgodess. Reason: type
  • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Penny Williams.