Reply To: Adult ADHD Volunteers for my thesis research in Interior design

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Adult ADHD Volunteers for my thesis research in Interior design Reply To: Adult ADHD Volunteers for my thesis research in Interior design

lynneiha
Participant

Even people with a lot in common, like us ADDitude readers/contributors, have so many differences.

For instance, I think this sounds like a project that could reveal a lot of needed information about ADHD/Environmental Design. Personally, I do have Social Anxiety as well as my ADHD, and I feel there are many, many places I don’t want to be in or go to-but for reasons of ADHD issues, not just my Social Anxiety issues.
I abhor shopping malls-the noises, the people , the crowds, the “falseness” of it. Or I guess “artificiality” of it.
There are tons of work environments I would never work in: one of the worst would be an office with all those cubbies
in them, where people have to work close by each other, even though you can hear practically everything going on, and
employee are divided only by flimsy, moveable walls. I’d go crazy. I’d shoot myself first.
I’d love to work in an office environment that brought in natural, living things like plants, even trees, and some smallish animals and/or an aquarium. Give me a guinea pig or two in the workplace, or a bonded chinchilla couple, and I’d go to work all excited just to be able to check in with them every day at break times.
Music would be great too. Just…who gets to decide exactly what music, right?
If you still need volunteers, Antara, feel free to contact me at: lynneada195@gmail.com. Love to help you!