Reply To: Concussion and ADHD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Concussion and ADHD Reply To: Concussion and ADHD

JadziaKLD
Participant

Oh Yes, I totally forgot about that. It was my optometrist that got me all the glasses but we also did some vision therapy. I can’t afford the in office stuff, but they gave me a bunch of exercises to do at home.

There is also a computer program out there that is supposed to help with convergence insufficiency, and binocular vision issues due to concussion (that’s what I have, it means that both eyes don’t like to turn in so neither of them are working together, kind of like a lazy eye except both don’t cooperate) I think it was called HTS, but my symptoms are still too severe for it. You’re supposed to do 7 minutes per day and I did only one minute per day and after three days I had to stop. My goal is to eventually get back to it.

It’s good to know that after 20 years you can still find new types of relief. I once heard the term “the miserable minority” to refer to the 25% of concussion cases that do not heal in the first 3 months. Basically after 3 months there is no way to forecast how long recovery will be. It could be a year it could be 20. Given I’m at the 4 year mark, it is encouraging to know that there is still hope for further improvement. It’s a lot of work, but every once in a while you find something that makes the world of a difference to your recovery.